Wednesday 14 May 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 9, 10, 11

Hi! So I've been really busy and haven't had chance to do my last few blog challenges, so here they are!

Day 9: List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
I can tell you right now there aren't 10 people who have influenced me. That sounds really snobbish(?) but I'm not easily influenced and I like to make my own decisions. Anyway, the people who have influenced me are:
1. My parents - they made the best life possible for us all with what we had, and as a child I never wanted for anything as they always made sacrifices for us. But seeing them struggle has influenced my whole outlook on family life. I know now that I want to have an established career before I start a family so that I don't have to struggle through life. They made me the person I am today and I love them for it.
2. My business tutor - I took business in college because I really liked it at school, but I was never going to take it further than college. After a lot of encouragement from my tutor, Peter, I took business at University and I'm SO glad I did! 
3. Whoever wrote my last business exam at college - this sounds silly, but the way my course worked at college was for the first 3 exams over the 2 years, we studied how a business works from sole traders to global organisations. For our last exam, we were given a topic chosen by the exam board and my year got CSR (corporate social responsibility). I thank whoever decided that because it has influenced my decision about what career I want. If I hadn't done that I never would have studied it, as I haven't had the chance to do that at uni and I may be looking for a completely different career right now!
4. My boyfriend - he got me into some awesome games and TV shows, they have influenced me a lot!
I think that's it for direct influences, but there have probably been more indirect influences because I have a tendency to observe people and learn from them.

Day 10: Describe your most embarrassing moment.
Surprisingly, I'm not easily embarrassed. However, one of the most embarrassing moments at the time, was one of the first times I went to my boyfriend's house. It was winter and we were walking to his house and I slipped on ice and fell right on my backside. I don't think I've ever done that in my life and I just had to do it at the moment! He didn't even laugh at first bless him, he made sure I was okay and only laughed when I laughed. He still reminds me about it though, the meanie.

Day 11: Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
Only 10? Really? Because I hate everything! 
1. Racists - JUST STOP IT.
2. People talking about something they know NOTHING about. Politics is one great example. I'm not expert either, but I don't pretend to be. Shut up.
3. Kids who have no self-awareness
4. People who hurt animals. DIE.
5. How people are so bothered about what 'celebrities' do in their lives. So what, they went to the shop in their joggers. So do you. Calm down.
6. How tabloid magazines judge celebrities so harshly, for example, calling people with the slightest bit of meat on their bones 'fat'. I don't know how those writers sleep at night, and they all must be stick thin because otherwise, what do they think of themselves?
7. Religious people who try and justify everything they do with 'God'. I have no issue with religion, but you make your own decisions, and sometimes bad things happen, 'God' had nothing to do with it. Also, stop trying to shove it down my throat. 
8. When people don't 'believe' in science. It's not a choice, we have proof, it's a fact, so shut up. One example; evolution. WE HAVE EVIDENCE. Stop being so completely ignorant and stupid. I saw a quote the other day from Neil deGrasse Tyson; "The greatest thing about science is that it doesn't stop being true even if you don't believe in it" - my thoughts exactly.
9. When people teach their children to be complete idiots. Children are our future, we should be giving them all the information available and let them decide what they want to 'believe'.
10. Homophobia. Seriously, stop. How are we only just making same sex marriages legal? It makes me sick that people are so narrow minded and horrible. Why does it even affect ANYONE else other than the two people who want to be together. ALSO the fact that people are trying to 'stop' their children from being 'influenced' by homosexuality. No, just no. Your child will either be gay or not and you can't do anything about it. Can I also just say, why are people still so shocked when someone 'comes out'. I understand that it must be so hard for someone to do it, but that is SO WRONG. Seriously, why should someone be made to feel ashamed of the person that they are? People are horrible.

Okay, so that's a long post. I'll try to keep up with it from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment