Wednesday 14 May 2014

I GOT A JOB...and then I quit.

So, I actually got a job. Monday was my 'observation day' and yesterday was my first day (that's why I was busy). The job was door-to-door sales. Which obviously was long hours and a lot of work. But if I'm honest, I actually liked it. I was so tired when I got home but it's quite fun talking to all the different people you meet and I got to stroke LOTS of dogs!! :)
So anyway, we were selling cheap internet, actually it was free internet, all they paid for was line rental which you have to pay by law. Government, eh? And it went well, we reached the target on the first day and exceeded it on the second. I almost made a sale too, which was awesome!

Of course, the door-to-door sales was just a stepping stone to something much bigger. Everyone goes through it to get to assistant owner, then ownership, where you can run your own office and make a living with 6 figures per year. The record someone has gone from entry level to ownership was 11 weeks, 3 days. I bet he's rolling in £££'s now!

Anyway, despite actually enjoying it, after learning more and more about the opportunities they provide, I decided not to go any further with the job, because it was taking me on a career path that I don't want. If I wanted a career just for to be rich, I would sell my soul to the banks. But I want to work in CSR and the job I had would be a few years long detour from that path.
I'm really glad I got it, because it has confirmed to me what I really want to do, and although it would be nice to be super rich at 21, I just can't take the chance of living the one life I have, in a career that I'm not really passionate about. So I guess I will keep looking. If there's anyone out there that wants to hire me, here I am!



No comments:

Post a Comment