Sunday 11 May 2014

Sabotage

So, yesterday I went to see Sabotage at the cinema with the bf. I was expecting good things as it was by the same people who did 'End of Watch' which was a great film.



The plot of the film centers around a Special Operations DEA team. It seems that members of the team were not exactly perfect citizens, but the FBI gave them the chance to be useful by joining the team, and up until the thing that happens at the beginning, they were proving to be very...effective shall we say.

Basically, there is a LOT of blood and violence. It is quite gross, but not the Saw films kind of 'I-really-need-to-vomit' gross, it's more just gang violence kind of gross. There's also a lot of swearing. Barely a sentence goes by without some form of bad word, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're easily offended.
These things aren't out of place though, they are quite justified and fit in to the tone of the film as opposed to being overused and vulgar. The story is really quite gripping. It never gets boring or slow and there's a lot happening throughout the whole film.

There was one bad thing about the film. Without giving too much away, I honestly don't understand how the police knew that there was money missing after they blew up the stack at the beginning. If someone can explain that to me without the obvious answer that someone told them, then I will applaud you.

If you liked 'End of Watch' or really any form of drug cartel revenge film, then you will definitely like this!

I'm really looking forward to watching Godzilla and X-Men over the next few weeks so I will most likely give my opinions on those too!





No comments:

Post a Comment