Tuesday 10 June 2014

Garnier 'Ultimate Blends'

Okay so a couple of months ago this new shampoo and conditioner came out, as soon as I saw it I had to try it. My hair gets really used to shampoo and conditioner and after a while of using a certain one it starts to feel dry and I have to change to a new one, so here's my thoughts on this one.

Firstly, the price varies but I found it recently on offer in Superdrug at around £1.99. It comes in a range of 'types' (more information here) and you can take a quiz on the site to find your 'blend'. I literally just took the quiz and apparently my blend is the 'sleek restorer', maybe I'll try that in the future, but when I first bought it I bought the 'colour illuminator', so that is what I'll be reviewing.

Garnier Ultimate Blends - The Colour Illuminator

First of all, it smells amazing. Like seriously, it almost smells like perfume, usually I prefer fruity shampoo but this is divine and the smell lasts for ages too unlike most shampoo I've used in the past. Both the shampoo and conditioner are thick and creamy, with the shampoo lathering up really well so you only need to use a small amount - I bought this mid April and have only just run out despite using it almost everyday! After using both the shampoo and conditioner together, my hair feels soft and smooth and looks pretty healthy. I can't say much for how much it 'illuminates colour' because I dye my hair a dark blonde and in general the colour shampoos are focused on red or bright blonde hair, so I didn't see much of a difference in my colour but that wasn't my motivation for buying the duo anyway.

There was one major problem I found with the shampoo - after rinsing, my hair felt awfully dry (this may sound weird because my hair was obviously wet, I hope you know what I mean) and although the conditioner made it smooth and soft again, I ended up losing a lot more hair than I usually do after washing it. Of course, everyone loses some hair when washing it but this was a lot, and it happened every time too, it actually began to worry me that I was losing so much hair everyday! I'm not sure whether my hair just didn't agree with the shampoo or whether this has happened to other people, so I'm unsure whether to try a different type, maybe go with my recommended one this time. I think I will buy a completely different shampoo and conditioner next time and revisit this another time.

Let me know if you've tried this and what you thought! Did you have the same problem as me?



1 comment:

  1. Ha, I'm using the sleek restorer, only cause I'm coconut obsessed at the moment but it's nothing special! It's better than the tresseme keratin stuff I'd got before though. The search for perf shampoos continue!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete