Tuesday 30 September 2014

My Lush hair regime!

Hi guys!

So I've been using some Lush hair products for a while now and I thought I'd share with you what I use and what I think of them!

Here's what I'm currently using - Jumping Juniper shampoo bar and American Cream conditioner.


Firstly, the Jumping Juniper shampoo bar. This is actually a purple colour but the lighting on the picture makes it look kind of blue. Anyway, I chose this one because it is good for oily hair, and my hair gets greasy quite quickly. It contains things like juniperberry, lavender, rosemary and lemon and lime oils. The smell of this is very subtle, which is how Lush intended it to be, but when you can smell it, it is a very pleasant smell. 
I was a little skeptical of the solid shampoo but it lathers SO well and feels just like liquid shampoo does on the hair! The only thing I found with this is that it dries my hair a lot. When I rinse it off I can feel how dry my hair is and I could never leave the shower without conditioning or it would be in an awful state when I tried to dry and style it. Basically this is kind of good, because it is designed for oily hair so it is meant to take away excess oil, but I don't think my hair is oily enough to benefit from it.
I probably would buy this again and just make sure that I condition afterwards (which I do anyway) but I would prefer to try another shampoo bar to see how my hair feels after using those.


American Cream conditioner is my absolute favourite! It is not particularly thick compared to a lot of conditioners on the high street, but it is a lot thicker than some of the other Lush conditioners. When I put it on, it seems to disappear as I don't get that slick, silky feeling that I've had with other conditioners, but after leaving it for a few minutes and washing it off, my hair feels very smooth and soft. This is even after the dry feeling I get from the shampoo bar. Also, when I dry and style my hair it is very soft and shiny!
The best thing about this is the smell. It describes itself as a strawberry vanilla milkshake, which is a fairly accurate representation of the smell in my opinion! I adore it, and the smell actually stays on my hair for 2 or 3 days after using it which is just amazing!
I would definitely buy this again, for the rest of my life! I am intrigued by the solid conditioner 'Jungle' so I might try that in the future if I can tear myself away from American Cream.


Thanks for reading!
Let me know what your hair care regime looks like or tell me about your favourite products!



No comments:

Post a Comment